Got this recipe from back of label on College Inn Chicken Broth. I love Wonton Soup and finally have a recipe!
- 24 -30 wonton wrappers
FOR THE FILLING
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash white pepper
FOR THE SOUP
- 1 (48 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 chopped scallion
- TO MAKE THE WONTONS:.
- In a medium bowl mix filling ingredients thoroughly.
- Cover wonton wrappers with damp cloth. Remove only a few at a time to fill.
- Moisten each with water; place 1 tsp filling in center of each. Fold over in triangle shape and seal. Take the long folded side and fold it down on itself once more. Take the 2 long points and bring them together at the back of the wonton. Seal with a bit of water.
- TO COOK THE WONTONS:.
- In medium sauce pan bring 2 quarts of water to a boil (1st boil).
- Add wontons, stir. Cover and return to boil (2nd boil).
- Add 1 cup cold water and return to boil again (3rd boil).
- FOR THE SOUP:.
- In large pan bring broth to a boil. Add soy sauce and cooked wontons, return to boil.
- Garnish with green onions. Serve.