Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This stew is easy and inexpensive, not to mention delicious. It's even better the second day!
Make and share this Student Ragout recipe from Food.com.
- In large, deep pot, fry bacon and leave in pot to cool.
- Add steak, garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- Layer onions, then carrots, then potatoes, adding salt and pepper to each layer.
- Add water up to top of potatoes.
- Turn burner on medium high.
- When meat begins to sizzle, cover pot, and turn heat to low.
- When potatoes are tender, stew is done.