Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This stew is easy and inexpensive, not to mention delicious. It's even better the second day!
Make and share this Student Ragout recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 lb round steak, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium white onions, sliced
- 4 large carrots, thinly sliced into rings
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper
- In large, deep pot, fry bacon and leave in pot to cool.
- Add steak, garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- Layer onions, then carrots, then potatoes, adding salt and pepper to each layer.
- Add water up to top of potatoes.
- Turn burner on medium high.
- When meat begins to sizzle, cover pot, and turn heat to low.
- When potatoes are tender, stew is done.
Love this recipe, but I sub the water with V8 juice or Tomatoe Juice, it gives it a(zing)Try it out and see.