Fast, easy and yummy! My mom made these for us when I was little. The indgredients are what people usually have on hand. It's also really easy for kids to make since they just need to put it together and pop it in the toaster oven. If you trust your kids with the toaster oven, then this is great! I used to have this as an after-school snack all the time. For VEGETARIAN: omit the sandwich meat. Experiment and add your own toppings: tomatoes, olives etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using conventional oven, preheat to"hot".
- 2(just need to make it toasty so the cheese melts. I'm not a chef. Try 350F maybe?) chop/slice/grate toppings.
- 3spread ketcup or pasta sauce on bread slices (if you want lots of flavour, put more).
- 4If desired add salt, pepper, garlic poweder to taste if ketchup is too sweet.
- 5I'm lazy, so I just use ketchup.
- 6Residence means that I don't have all the spices.
- 7place toppings (sandwich meat, green pepper, mushrooms etc.) on bread.
- 8put more on-- c'mon, it's all good.
- 9sprinkle on grated cheese, again to preference.
- 10I like LOTS AND LOTS of cheese.
- 11put more cheese-- c'mon, you know you want it to be gooey.
- 12Put in (toaster) oven until cheese melts and/or it's heated through.
- 13*ifyou took my advice and heaped on the cheese, then it might be wise to lower the temperature and heat it through slowly.
- 14I usually just use the middle setting on my toaster oven and it's done in less than 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Toast - university student style
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.5
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 127.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g