1 hr 10 mins
This is a great potluck supper idea. While at college, my niece would visit me and we'd spend the day cooking to stockpile her dorm freezer for the month with 3-5 different recipes. This was her favorite! Instead of using a carrerole dish, we would evenly divide the ingredients among sealable, boilable bags (omitting the stuffing), label and freeze. On busy study nights, she would reheat them in the microwave.
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head fresh broccoli or 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli stems
- 7 -8 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 3 cups of diced cooked chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2-1 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise or 1/2-1 cup regular mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced celery (about 2 ribs)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimentos, drained (optional)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (I use my Heavenly All-Purposes Herb Blend)
- 4 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned stuffing mix (I use Pepperidge Farms herb)
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Spray 9x12x2-inch casserole with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3If using fresh broccoli, cut into florets and steam for about 1 minute, drain, OR thaw frozen broccoli and drain well.
- 4Place broccoli in prepared dish in single layer.
- 5Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- 6Spray frying pan with cooking spray.
- 7Saute chicken about 3 minutes.
- 8Add celery, onion and garlic and cook an additional minute, but do not brown garlic.
- 9Place chicken mixture on top of broccoli.
- 10Mix soup, mayonnaise, pimentos (optional), seasoned salt, basil, Italian seasoning, and bouillon together and pour over chicken.
- 11Sprinkle cheese on top.
- 12Sprinkle dry stuffing mix on top of cheese.
- 13Cover and bake about 25 minutes or until hot.
- 14Uncover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until the stuffing is lightly browned on top.
- 15Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- 16This can be frozen for once-a-month/bulk cooking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paige's College Chicken Divan
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.9
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 119.0 mg
- Sodium 882.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 37.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned stuffing mix