1/2 Photos of Daughter's Dinner in a Dash - Student One-Pot Chicken!
French Tart's Note:
This is a recipe my daughter made up! She is a student at university in England - and she is always trying to make the most of her money & eat healthily as well - so she tells me!!! This recipe is for one person & she took the photo, it's a bit blurry, but we will post a better one later! I'm impressed enough to post this recipe and I am going to try it out myself - I'm very proud! NB: One reviewer has commented on spices - please do add spices if you like spicy food, however, my daughter has told me, that this is NOT supposed to be a spicy meal, but a healthy quick stir-fry chicken dish. The flavour coming from the onions, peppers, lemon juice and black pepper! Thanks!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the up the olive oil in a wok, and add the onion (and garlic if using) and fry for about 5 minutes until just starting to go brown & soft.
- 2Add the orange or red pepper and continue to cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken breast pieces and continue to cook for 10 minutes - stirring all the time.
- 4Add the lemon juice and cherry tomatoes - stir well and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- 5Season well with black pepper and salt. Serve hot with rice or pasta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Daughter's Dinner in a Dash - Student One-Pot Chicken!
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.6
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 150.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 28.0 g