This is a recipe my daughter made up! She is a student at university in England - and she is always trying to make the most of her money & eat healthily as well - so she tells me!!! This recipe is for one person & she took the photo, it's a bit blurry, but we will post a better one later! I'm impressed enough to post this recipe and I am going to try it out myself - I'm very proud! NB: One reviewer has commented on spices - please do add spices if you like spicy food, however, my daughter has told me, that this is NOT supposed to be a spicy meal, but a healthy quick stir-fry chicken dish. The flavour coming from the onions, peppers, lemon juice and black pepper! Thanks!
- Heat the up the olive oil in a wok, and add the onion (and garlic if using) and fry for about 5 minutes until just starting to go brown & soft.
- Add the orange or red pepper and continue to cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken breast pieces and continue to cook for 10 minutes - stirring all the time.
- Add the lemon juice and cherry tomatoes - stir well and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Season well with black pepper and salt. Serve hot with rice or pasta.
Very good because so simple, I made just a few changes. I added chicken bouillon, italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, all to taste. I thickened it with corn startch and then added cooked spaghetti noodles (broken in half). I then topped it with cilantro (because I simply needed to use it before it went bad, I love cilantro) and served with more lemon to be added to taste. It was killer, and my boyfriend totally loved it! oh, I used orange peppers for color, but green would have been best probably.
We really enjoyed this easy stove-top meal. I did use the optional garlic and I thought the pan juices made a flavorful, delicious broth. I made enough for 3 servings. I would recommend a nice crusty bread on the side. I served with mashed potatoes.
We love stir-fry type dishes here and this was delicious. The little bit of lemon added the best tang ever - I've never thought to do that. It totally transformed the dish and freshened it up! Chicken, tomatoes and peppers are some of my favourite things to use, so served with egg noodles, this made the perfect weeknight dinner.