Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Thought this up with a few friends one night when we were craving some home-made food, but too poor and too lazy to get it! As spicy as you dare, hearty, and filling, and not half bad for you. If you're looking for professional grade jambalaya, look somewhere else. If you're looking for an easy to make, hot, filling, and wallet-friendly meal, look no further.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup sliced turkey sausage
- 3⁄4 cup frozen cooked shrimp (the pink kind)
- 1 (8 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can okra, drained
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning (That's how much I use because I like it spicy, but you can use as little or as much as you want.)
- Prepare ingredients.
- Throw them into a rice cooker.
- Cook until the rice is done, and everything else should be too!
Pretty good. I've never had jambalaya before so I do not know if it is similar however it was a pretty good recipe on its own. Very simple to make and cheap too!