A college edition of our Chinese Restaurant's Pepper Steak. Easy to do, and really filling. Thick Sauce is a very black and thick type of goo similar to molassas. Use light soy sauce and pepper to adjust to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 green pepper, sliced into 1 inch squares
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 can condensed beef broth
- 1/3 lb cubed beef or 1/3 lb stewing beef
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon msg
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon thick soy sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oil
- cooked rice
- 1In a saucepan or pot, add the Oil and Condensed Beef Broth, and water as instructed on can (1 can)- Bring to a boil.
- 2Add Onions and Green peppers, simmer for 30 seconds.
- 3Toss raw beef in soy sauce and add both to broth.
- 4Add MSG, black pepper, salt and mix.
- 5Simmer for 1 minute, or until beef is done.
- 6Water down the corn starch with water and mix into a milky liquid.
- 7About 2 parts water to 1 part corn starch.
- 8Turn heat off but do not remove from burner and STIR in corn starch/ water mixture to broth to thicken.
- 9Add Thick Sauce to darken (optional).
- 10Should be a deep brown.
- 11Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for College - Nerfed Pepper Steak
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1280.2
- Calories from Fat 1089
- Total Fat 121.1 g
- Saturated Fat 46.4 g
- Cholesterol 149.6 mg
- Sodium 6406.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 25.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: