Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
All cooking is done in the microwave! This is my original recipe that I made up. An easy staple on my table that everyone enjoys and everyone can make. Perfect for snacks or sides or appetizers. I call it 'College Guy' because of how simple they are to make and how little things you need. I am in fact, a woman and have been making these since my not-so-long-ago college days! :)
- Slice potatoes lengthwise.
- Lay out on a microwave plate, skins down. Carve a vertical line about halfway through the potato. This helps it cook even and is not necessary for smaller or thinner potato strips. You could also carve an "X" shape instead.
- Microwave on HIGH for 10 Minutes.
- Take out of microwave and if you want to, spread out margarine or butter thinly over the potatoes. Top each potato with a good handful of shredded cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with Bacos.
- Microwave on high an additional 2 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Let potatoes sit for a few minutes. They are usually extremely HOT. Also, be careful handling the plate. After they have cooled, salt to taste and enjoy!