All cooking is done in the microwave! This is my original recipe that I made up. An easy staple on my table that everyone enjoys and everyone can make. Perfect for snacks or sides or appetizers. I call it 'College Guy' because of how simple they are to make and how little things you need. I am in fact, a woman and have been making these since my not-so-long-ago college days! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice potatoes lengthwise.
- 2Lay out on a microwave plate, skins down. Carve a vertical line about halfway through the potato. This helps it cook even and is not necessary for smaller or thinner potato strips. You could also carve an "X" shape instead.
- 3Microwave on HIGH for 10 Minutes.
- 4Take out of microwave and if you want to, spread out margarine or butter thinly over the potatoes. Top each potato with a good handful of shredded cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with Bacos.
- 5Microwave on high an additional 2 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- 6Let potatoes sit for a few minutes. They are usually extremely HOT. Also, be careful handling the plate. After they have cooled, salt to taste and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for College Guy Microwave Potato Skins - Easy!!!
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Bacos bacon bits