Prep 2 mins
Cook 13 mins
College food chic... It will bring your guests to their knees.Whenever my girlfriends or guyfriends come over, I make this and I use up all my chips plus some of my roommates. Sorry, Amelia. It took some tweaking but I have turned this into an art. This can also be made in the microwave!!
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, Jimmy Dean HOT, he is my man
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion, about half an onion
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups hot salsa, 2 mini cans of Hot Herdez
- Cook up onion and breakfast sausage, drain. TIP: Wait for the sausage to be room temp before you start cooking. It gets a little tougher if you give it fridge to stove top temps back to back.
- Put about half the Velveeta in the pan and keep stirrin -- Don't let the cheese get awkward. And put it one of the cans of Herdez. Wait about a minute and decide to put the rest in because you don't want to wait either.
- Take out a piece of foil and lay a big ol' square of it over the pan. It will help it melt quicker. Stir when you feel like it -- until its all melted. Serve with Tortilla or corn chips; YUM!
Made this last night, my bandmates and I were hungry while do some writing. The only thing I didn't have on hand was hot salsa, however I did have mild, and I diced some Jalepenos and put them on top. This was so good! Another good one!!
This was really really yummy! I don't know how four people could devour this, because it makes so much! We had this one night as an appetizer as we were going out for a late dinner. It really satisfied us, and we definitely enjoyed it!