7 hrs 3 mins
Michelle AuburnTiger's Note:
My mom gave me her old crock pot before I moved 900 miles away to college. I told her I didn't know how to make anything in it, and she told me to just 'throw' these 4 ingredients inside and turn it on. Simple enough!! I always invite my girlfriends over and we all love it!! It's the closest thing to a real home-cooked meal we have while we are away.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs lean stewing beef (the less fat the better)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can campbell's condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1Throw meat into the crock pot.
- 2Dump the two soups on top (don't have to stir or mix, just let it stay where it lands).
- 3Empty package of onion soup mix on top of everything.
- 4Put lid on.
- 5Turn pot on medium-low heat.
- 6Go to class and library (approx. 7 hours), when you come home your dorm/apartment will smell like mom has been cooking there all day.
- 7Remove lid and stir.
- 8Eat whenever you're ready.
- 9Invite your friends over or you will have A LOT of leftovers (which freeze well).
- 10It makes lots of gravy which is great over rice or mashed potatoes!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for College Favorite in a Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 775.6
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 248.7 mg
- Sodium 1690.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 73.0 g