Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 hrs
My mom gave me her old crock pot before I moved 900 miles away to college. I told her I didn't know how to make anything in it, and she told me to just 'throw' these 4 ingredients inside and turn it on. Simple enough!! I always invite my girlfriends over and we all love it!! It's the closest thing to a real home-cooked meal we have while we are away.
- 3 lbs lean stewing beef (the less fat the better)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancampbell's condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Throw meat into the crock pot.
- Dump the two soups on top (don't have to stir or mix, just let it stay where it lands).
- Empty package of onion soup mix on top of everything.
- Put lid on.
- Turn pot on medium-low heat.
- Go to class and library (approx. 7 hours), when you come home your dorm/apartment will smell like mom has been cooking there all day.
- Remove lid and stir.
- Eat whenever you're ready.
- Invite your friends over or you will have A LOT of leftovers (which freeze well).
- It makes lots of gravy which is great over rice or mashed potatoes!
I saw this recipe on the web-site last Saturday and thought it would be a good meal to keep handy for when I knew I would not be around all day to cook. Earlier this week I knew I'd be running around all day after work, with my son's baseball practice and such, so I stopped home during lunch and threw the ingredients together and let it cook. We didnt get to sit down until about 7:30 to eat, but my family loved it. My husband and son thought it was delicious as did I. I liked the fact that you could just let it cook all day and not really have to worry about it until you were ready to eat. My son had seconds and the leftovers were gone by dinner time the next day. Great for a family on the go like mine. Thanks for the great recipe, I will definitely be using it again!
Delicious. Preperation could not be easier. I had some of this over toast for a hearty breakfast. The ease and cost of preparing this meal are also wonderful. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
This is my kind of recipe. It was so easy, just put all the ingredients in the crock-pot and get on with your day. It filled the house with the most wonderful beefy-onion aroma. I served the beef and sauce over noodles. Very rich and creamy. The whole family loved it. Thanks so much.