Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom gave me her old crock pot before I moved 900 miles away to college. I told her I didn't know how to make anything in it, and she told me to just 'throw' these 4 ingredients inside and turn it on. Simple enough!! I always invite my girlfriends over and we all love it!! It's the closest thing to a real home-cooked meal we have while we are away.
- 3 lbs lean stewing beef (the less fat the better)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancampbell's condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Throw meat into the crock pot.
- Dump the two soups on top (don't have to stir or mix, just let it stay where it lands).
- Empty package of onion soup mix on top of everything.
- Put lid on.
- Turn pot on medium-low heat.
- Go to class and library (approx. 7 hours), when you come home your dorm/apartment will smell like mom has been cooking there all day.
- Remove lid and stir.
- Eat whenever you're ready.
- Invite your friends over or you will have A LOT of leftovers (which freeze well).
- It makes lots of gravy which is great over rice or mashed potatoes!