Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chicken for College Student I made this in college in my crockpot and always got good reviews. My French grandmother called it "Parisian Chicken" and you will see variations of it all around.
- 6 -8 pieces chicken, skinned
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth or 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flour (up to 1/4 cup, larger amount if making in crockpot)
- Mix soup, mushrooms, sour cream, wine, onion and garlic, pepper to taste, and flour in crockpot or casserole dish.
- Add chicken and make sure all pieces are coated with mixture. Sprinkle top with paprika.
- Cover crockpot or casserole. Cook on low setting in crockpot for 6 hours (or you can start with frozen chicken and cook for 8 hours in crockpot) or about 1-1/2 hours in the oven at 375 degrees (deeper casserole dishes take longer than flat ones).
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice or noodles.
- Nicole Schultheis Baltimore, MD.
It is a very simple dish to make and produce incredible result. Execellent taste and colour. I would like to add my two cents worth... for those with a bit of time... add fresh mushrooms, lots of onions, garlic and goes great with roast potatoes. Time with 4" deep dish... 1 hour. Be liberal with the white wine. great stuff
This is a wonderful recipe. I used boneless chicken breasts cut in strips, served over egg noodles. The mixture of wine and sour cream gave it a savory taste. AND easy to make, just threw it all in the crockpot!
I did this in a crock pot with one cut up chicken and extra breasts. It cooked quite quickly and was delicious. I found the sauce was too thin so I simply added some cornstarch mixed with water and soy sauce to thicken. Loved all the sauce.