For health reasons, I have to eat gluten free, dairy free, and low fat. So hamburgers are off the list. This is the recipe I invented to satisfy these cravings. I'm sharing this to get other people's opinions of it and will gladly accept any changes/additions/corrections.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1(All measurements are estimates since I eyeball everything).
- 2Drain and mash the black beans. (Do NOT puree -- you want it to still have some texture).
- 3Stir in salsa, minced onion, and all spices (including Bragg amino liquids, which can be found in the health food section).
- 4Add in flour until the mixture forms a "dough" about the consistency of very soft cookie dough.
- 5Lightly grease a frying pan, and turn the temperature very high.
- 6Spoon onto the pan and spread it out to desired thickness. At this point, I like to add some more of the amino liquids over the top.
- 7Cook about 2 min on each side, or until it holds itself together when turned.
- 8I like to eat them on corn tortillas.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean College Veggie Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.4
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 98.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: