For health reasons, I have to eat gluten free, dairy free, and low fat. So hamburgers are off the list. This is the recipe I invented to satisfy these cravings. I'm sharing this to get other people's opinions of it and will gladly accept any changes/additions/corrections.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1(All measurements are estimates since I eyeball everything).
- 2Drain and mash the black beans. (Do NOT puree -- you want it to still have some texture).
- 3Stir in salsa, minced onion, and all spices (including Bragg amino liquids, which can be found in the health food section).
- 4Add in flour until the mixture forms a "dough" about the consistency of very soft cookie dough.
- 5Lightly grease a frying pan, and turn the temperature very high.
- 6Spoon onto the pan and spread it out to desired thickness. At this point, I like to add some more of the amino liquids over the top.
- 7Cook about 2 min on each side, or until it holds itself together when turned.
- 8I like to eat them on corn tortillas.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean College Veggie Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.4
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 98.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: