Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe from The Kitchenless Cookbook by Suanne Beverly. Gotta love micro recipes when living in a dorm! :-) Im so glad I live in an apartment with a kitchen now!
- For this recipe, you will need a cup, fork, 1-cup measure, mixing spoon, Tablespoon, teaspoon, 9-inch glass pie plate, and a knife.
- First you will want to crack your egg into a cup and beat it.
- In your pie plate, put 2 cups of bisquick, the egg, water, and 1/3cup sugar; stir until mixture is smooth.
- With a knife, cut your butter or margarine into small pieces and drop it on to the top of the batter.
- Sprinkle the top with 2 Tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Cook, uncovered in your microwave for 10 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes and serve.
I can't thank you enough for posting this JIT(Just In Time) for me! I am leaving for the US in another 2 days and had exactly 2 cups and about 1/4 cup less to half cup of Homemade Bisquick in my refrigerator. I didn't want to repeat a biscuis recipe I've made with it, thought of doing something new. That's when I saw this recipe and tried it rightaway. When putting it to bake, I realised that you had forgotten to mention at what temperature to bake this. I baked it first for 10 minutes at 180C. But it wasn't ready, so I baked it for another 10 minutes. It's come out wonderful and I broke my fast today(had this at Iftar) with this lovely simple cake. Thanks so much, Angela!
I had high hopes for this recipe. I followed the directions exactly, but the end resut was kind of bland and dry. I'm so sorry, I really wish this had worked.